Orlando, FL 32836
Visit Location Website
The Japan Pavilion at Epcot provides a glimpse into the rich heritage of Japan. It features a replica of a traditional Japanese pagoda, known as the "Torii Gate," which serves as the entrance to the pavilion. Within the pavilion, visitors can explore beautiful gardens, shop for authentic Japanese merchandise, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at its restaurants.
The Japan Pavilion also includes attractions and entertainment options. One of the main attractions is the "Mitsukoshi Department Store," a large shopping destination offering a wide range of Japanese goods such as clothing, accessories, toys, and more. Additionally, there are often cultural presentations, demonstrations, and performances that showcase various aspects of Japanese arts, music, and traditions.
Overall, the Japan Pavilion at Epcot provides an immersive and educational experience for visitors, allowing them to appreciate and learn about the culture and traditions of Japan while enjoying the magical atmosphere of Walt Disney World.
Open Everyday, Part of Epcot, Disneyworld
Japan Pavilion Overview Map
Japan Pavilion: Things To Do & Eat
Mitsukoshi Department Store
Shiki-Sai (Sushi Izakaya): Opens in Summer 2023
Matsuriza Taiko Drummers
Pick a Pearl: Mitsukoshi Department Store
Karesansui Garden or the "Zen rock garden
Hidden But Don't Miss This
* Bijutsu-kan Gallery: Enjoy a delightful exhibit on charming kawaii-Japan’s “cute” culture-in this gallery dedicated to Japanese art.
Adorable Art on Display: The current Bijutsu-kan Gallery show, “Kawaii: Japan’s Cute Culture,” takes a look at this pop-culture phenomenon that’s swept the globe.
Kawaii means cute or loveable-and represents an obsession with all things darling, like Hello Kitty, which is included in the exhibit. You’ll discover how kawaii is rooted deep in Japan’s Shinto past and how it’s become a core aspect of Japanese culture-and a new form of self-expression.
Tour a replica Tokyo apartment of a kawaii superfan bursting with all things precious-and prepare for major cuteness overload.
Explore 11 Countries Through Culture, Food, and Entertainment
At Epcot's World Showcase, you can explore 11 different countries, each with its own unique pavilion representing their culture, food, and entertainment. The purpose of these countries is to provide an immersive experience where visitors can learn about different cultures from around the world. By visiting Epcot's countries, you will gain knowledge about various traditions, customs, architecture, cuisine, and even interact with cultural representatives, allowing you to broaden your understanding and appreciation of global diversity. It's a fantastic opportunity to embark on a virtual trip around the world and indulge in a multicultural experience.
Who Are the 11 Countries?
Besides Japan, the countries in Epcot include Canada, United Kingdom, France, Morocco, United States of America (called the American Adventure), Italy, Germany, China, Norway, and Mexico. The Epcot World Showcase provides every visitor with the opportunity to travel through 11 countries in a day without a passport or a single flight delay.
Map of Countries
Be Prepared to Bring
Prepare for afternoon rain showers (light water resistant jacket)
Comfortable walking shoes (Use Scotchguard)
Hat (full protection)
Backpack (snacks, sunscreen, etc.)
Refillable water bottle
Park tickets and Identification
Portable charger, cables
Florida has 2 Major Theme Parks
1) Disneyworld & Universal
*Note: some of the parks do sell out, so get your tickets early.
Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort are broken into Theme Parks that each have an entry fee.
Disney World Parks (Each Park Has Entry Fee)
- Magic Kingdom: This iconic park features classic Disney attractions, enchanting lands like Fantasyland and Adventureland, and the famous Cinderella Castle.
- Epcot: Known for its focus on technology, culture, and innovation, Epcot offers two main areas: Future World, which showcases advancements in science and technology, and World Showcase, which highlights different countries and their cultures.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: This park is dedicated to the world of movies and entertainment. It features attractions based on Star Wars, Toy Story, and other popular franchises, as well as thrilling shows and experiences.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom: As a zoological theme park, Animal Kingdom offers a mix of exotic animals, thrilling rides, and live shows. It also includes Pandora - The World of Avatar, an immersive land inspired by the film.
Universal Orlando Resort Parks (Each Park Has Entry Fee)
- Universal Studios Florida: This park brings movies and TV shows to life with attractions based on franchises like Harry Potter, Transformers, Jurassic Park, The Simpsons, and more. It also offers live shows and thrilling rides.
- Islands of Adventure: Known for its thrilling and immersive experiences, Islands of Adventure is divided into themed islands such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, and more.
- Volcano Bay: Universal's water park, Volcano Bay, offers a tropical paradise with thrilling water slides, lazy rivers, wave pools, and a towering volcano centerpiece.
These are the major parks at both Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort. Each park has its own unique attractions and experiences, so you can choose based on your interests and preferences.
Pick 1 Park and Stay There Until Tired
Here's is a breakdown of a travel strategy to the Parks:
- Assign one park per day: Choose a specific park at Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort to visit on each day of your trip. This way, you can explore the attractions, shows, and experiences within that park without feeling rushed.
- Plan rest days: Allocate rest days in between park visits to relax and recharge. These days can be used to enjoy other activities in Orlando, visit water parks, explore the resorts, or simply take a break from the theme park environment.
- Regarding Park Hoppers, meaning you can leave one park for another to save money. There is a lot to do in each park, and not sure you want to leave and enter a new park-that can take time.
- Check park schedules and plan accordingly: Before your trip, review the park hours, showtimes, and schedules for each park. This will help you plan your days effectively and make the most of your time in each park.
- Take advantage of FastPasses or Express Passes: Disney World offers the FastPass+ system, which allows you to reserve access to select attractions, entertainment, and character meet and greets in advance. Universal Orlando Resort has the Express Pass, which provides skip-the-line access to participating attractions. Utilizing these services can help you maximize your time and minimize wait times for popular attractions.
Disclaimer: Please double check all information provided on our platform with the official website for complete accuracy and up-to-date details.
Wednesday, 28 February, 2024
Event & Festival ContactThe Japan Pavilion at Epcot, Disneyworld
Event Organizer Website
Visit Organizer Website
Get More Details From the Event Organizer
Event Location Website
Visit Location Website
For More Location Details
Share Event & Festivals
Event Information Can ChangeAlways verify event information for possible changes or mistakes.
Contact Us for Errors
Add Event To Your CalendariCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Authentic Japanese Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Gardens
Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens
Japanese Teahouses (United States)
Best Japanese Teahouses