San Diego, CA 92101
Visit Location Website
The Japanese Friendship Garden and Museum in San Diego is a beautiful and tranquil oasis in the heart of the city. It is also a popular destination for December Nights, San Diego's annual holiday festival.
During December Nights, the Japanese Friendship Garden is transformed into a winter wonderland, with festive lights and decorations throughout the garden. Visitors can enjoy a variety of holiday activities, including:
• Sipping hot chocolate or sake at the Hot Chocolate Tavern or Beer and Sake Garden
• Crafting a Japanese-inspired ornament at the crafting station
• Shopping for unique gifts from local vendors
• Wandering through the garden and admiring the holiday lights and decorations
December Nights is a free event, and the Japanese Friendship Garden is free to visit from 3:00pm to 7:00pm during the event.
Here are some additional details about the activities and attractions that will be available at the Japanese Friendship Garden during December Nights 2023:
• Hot Chocolate Tavern: The Hot Chocolate Tavern will be serving up a variety of delicious hot chocolate flavors, including classic, peppermint, and white chocolate. There will also be a selection of hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages available.
• Beer and Sake Garden: The Beer and Sake Garden will be serving a variety of craft beers, sake, and other Japanese adult beverages. There will also be a selection of snacks and appetizers available.
• Crafting Station: At the crafting station, visitors can create their own Japanese-inspired ornament to take home. All materials will be provided.
• Local Vendors: A variety of local vendors will be selling unique gifts and crafts at the Japanese Friendship Garden during December Nights. Items for sale may include Japanese pottery, jewelry, textiles, and food.
In addition to these activities and attractions, visitors to the Japanese Friendship Garden during December Nights can also enjoy the following:
• Holiday Lights: The Japanese Friendship Garden will be decorated with festive lights and decorations throughout the garden.
• Cultural Performances: There may be traditional Japanese cultural performances, such as taiko drumming and koto playing, offered at the garden during December Nights.
• Garden Tours: Free guided tours of the Japanese Friendship Garden will be offered during December Nights.
Overall, the Japanese Friendship Garden is a great place to visit during December Nights to enjoy the holiday spirit and experience Japanese culture.
During December Nights, 2023
The upper garden of the Japanese Friendship Garden is free during December Nights from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
The lower garden is not free during December Nights.
The upper garden is the more popular part of the garden, and it is where most of the activities and attractions are located, including the Hot Chocolate Tavern, Beer and Sake Garden, crafting station, and local vendors. The lower garden is a more secluded and serene space, and it is home to a variety of plants and flowers, as well as a koi pond and a waterfall.
Balboa Park Japanese Friendship Garden, San Diego (Main), 2215 Pan American Rd E, San Diego, CA 92101
Check the website for more details.
Disclaimer: Please double check all information provided on our platform with the official website for complete accuracy and up-to-date details.
Sunday, 31 December, 2023
Event & Festival ContactDecember Nights, San Diego Japanese Garden
Event Organizer Website
Visit Organizer Website
Get More Details From the Event Organizer
Event Location Website
Visit Location Website
For More Location Details
Share Event & Festivals
Event Information Can ChangeAlways verify event information for possible changes or mistakes.
Contact Us for Errors
Add Event To Your CalendariCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Authentic Japanese Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Gardens
Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens
Japanese Teahouses (United States)
Best Japanese Teahouses