- Tuesday, 5 October, 2021 2021 Oak Glen-Apple Season and the Most Amazing Scenic Car Drive-Pick Your Own Apples, Hay Ride, Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Apple Tasting, etc. (Aug - Nov)
- Friday, 15 October, 2021 2021 Oak Glen-Apple Season and the Most Amazing Scenic Car Drive-Pick Your Own Apples, Hay Ride, Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Apple Tasting, etc. (Aug - Nov)
- Tuesday, 2 November, 2021 2021 Oak Glen-Apple Season and the Most Amazing Scenic Car Drive-Pick Your Own Apples, Hay Ride, Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Apple Tasting, etc. (Aug - Nov)
- Tuesday, 9 November, 2021 2021 Oak Glen-Apple Season and the Most Amazing Scenic Car Drive-Pick Your Own Apples, Hay Ride, Apple Pie, Fresh Air, Apple Tasting, etc. (Aug - Nov) Riley's at Los Rios Rancho
This Event Has Passed, But..
Oak Glen, CA 92399
Phone: (909) 797-1005
Website: Click to Visit
Apple Picking Begins!
July 29, 2021 11:25 am Published by Jim Riley Leave your thoughts
Early Harvest News
It looks like we have some early apples ready after all. These are young trees and their first real bearing season, but we will open up our “William’s Pride” and “Pristine” trees for picking on Saturday July 31, 2021.
These are very small trees and if they were picked, we would likely only have about 4-6 bushels altogether, so the earlier you get here the better. If every family picked four pounds of apples, that’s enough for, say, 40 families.
This isn't a cultural event or a Japanese event, but it has been a family favorite event of ours for a long time. You can't really find such an adventurous trip as this one. Oak Glen offers clean family fun in every season. Visit orchards, taste mountain-fresh apples and cider, enjoy hot apple pie at one of the several family restaurants, feed the animals in the animal areas, or browse through some of the many specialty shops in the Glen. RV facilities as well as camping and group accommodations are available. During the Fall season, at a few ranches you can pick your own apples, make your own cider or maybe enjoy country music and dancing. You can visit the one-room schoolhouse, take a hayride, or a nature walk.
Come experience the apple harvest and Fall colors, enjoy the Winter snow, Spring apple blossoms and festival or our cool Summer temperatures, picking raspberries and blackberries or just having a country picnic.
It's so close to home, you won't believe what you've been missing.
Map of Apple Farms & Ranches: Click to See Oak Glen Map
Japanese-City.com Editor Tips: We found a way to get away from Los Angeles traffic and take one of the most scenic car drives to an exclusive area. It can be one of the most romantic drives for couples and it's also enjoyable and exciting for families and friends to see. Take Oak Glen Road to see over 31 Apple Ranches, shops and restaurants.
Oak Glen Road - 31 Apple Ranches
We've seen plenty of Apple Farms & Ranches, but we like Los Rios Rancho the best. As you take the drive on Oak Glen Road, you'll notice a lot of farms and ranches along the drive. As you take this drive on a single car lane, you will be impressed with beautiful trees, nature and clean air. There are a lot of picture moments, so take your time at each farm, so stop at each ranch, look and walk around.
Such a Perfect Time
Some of the attractions along the drive: fruit stands, apple picking, fresh apple juice, apple tasting, nature walks, beautiful mountain views, hay rides, petting areas, live music, lot of little shops, breakfast places, walking trails, etc. Take your camera, you can go with kids, friends or as a couple. It is very memorable. For Apple season, be careful going late in November or December, the season could end before that.
Los Rios Rancho
As you drive along Oak Glen Road, you will make stops at each location, our final distatination is #28 - Los Rios Rancho. You can pick Apples (dirt lot across Los Rios), taste all kinds of Apples, watch them make Apple cider, walk the area, take a hay ride, get yummy lunch, have apple pie and ice cream, etc. You can bring a picnic basket and a blanket and eat on the benches or the large grass area. Beautiful mountain views, fresh air, and plenty of picture moments. This is great for your family, spouse or partner to get away for a half a day. Please call to check times.
Note: Check the dates and hours from the web site, also when the season will end.
Los Rios Rancho - Some Notes
2018: parking areas are larger, small horse ride.
Los Rios Rancho - Schedule
Aug - Rasberries picking
Sep - Apple picking
Oct - Pumpkins available
Los Rios Rancho - What To Bring
We experience true seasonal changes here on the ranch. Though September can often be warm, October and November do start to get a chill in the air.
* Check 24 hour on-site weather guide to help you plan your day.
* Though it's usually bright and sunny, bring an umbrella just in case.
* Bring water. Lot of nature trails, stay hydrated.
* Bring a sunhat.
* Wear close toed shoes.
* Most Cashiers take card or cash. Bringing some cash some location do not accept cards.
* Bring a camera, charger.
* Enjoy the nature and outdoor beauty.
Wednesday, 15 September, 2021
Other Dates For This Event
- Tuesday, 5 October, 2021
- Friday, 15 October, 2021
- Tuesday, 2 November, 2021
- Tuesday, 9 November, 2021
Event/Festival ContactRiley's at Los Rios Rancho
Phone: (909) 797-1005
Website: Click to Visit
Save Event & FestivalsiCalendar
Windows Live Calendar