- Saturday, 10 August, 2024 2024 JANM Annual Natsumatsuri Family Festival Event Summer Celebration (Performers, Hula, Tea Ceremony, Taiko, Crafts, Origami..) Nisei Week Event
- Sunday, 14 July, 2024 2024 Nisei Week Opening Ceremony (Celebrate Festival's Start, Previewed Nisei Week's Ondo Dances, Year's Honorees & Queen Candidates (Invitation Only)
- Thursday, 21 March, 2024 FREE Day Thursday! Japanese American National Museum (Free All Day Every 3rd Thursday of the Month) Or Free Every Thursday from 5-8pm
- Thursday, 18 April, 2024 FREE Day Thursday! Japanese American National Museum (Free All Day Every 3rd Thursday of the Month) Or Free Every Thursday from 5-8pm
- Thursday, 16 May, 2024 FREE Day Thursday! Japanese American National Museum (Free All Day Every 3rd Thursday of the Month) Or Free Every Thursday from 5-8pm
- Thursday, 20 June, 2024 FREE Day Thursday! Japanese American National Museum (Free All Day Every 3rd Thursday of the Month) Or Free Every Thursday from 5-8pm View All Events At Location
This Event Has Passed
Other Events At This LocationJapanese American National Museum (JANM), Los Angeles, Little Tokyo
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Visit Location Website
The annual Los Angeles Day of Remembrance commemorates the signing of Executive Order 9066 on February 19, 1942, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Executive Order 9066 authorized the US military to forcibly remove persons of Japanese ancestry from the West Coast and set into motion their incarceration into concentration camps during World War II.
This year’s theme, Rooted in Resistance: Fighting for Justice during World War II, reinforces the importance of standing up for justice in times of great moral crisis. From the draft resisters and the No-No Boys to those who protested through quiet hunger strikes or chanting crowds, resistance has taken many forms since World War II and we will hear truth and testimony from those who remember and honor these stories-Diana Tsuchida, Kyoko Oda, Tak Hoshizaki, and Soji Kashiwagi.
This year’s program is dedicated to Martha Nakagawa, Min Tonai, and Alan Nishio, honored community members who each fought for justice in their own way. The afternoon will also include artistic and musical performances and calls to action.
The 2024 Los Angeles Day of Remembrance is organized by Go For Broke National Education Center, Japanese American Citizens League-Pacific Southwest District, Japanese American National Museum, Little Tokyo Service Center, Manzanar Committee, Nikkei for Civil Rights & Redress, Nikkei Progressives, OCA-Greater Los Angeles, and Progressive Asian Network for Action.
Feb 18, 2023, Saturday
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Disclaimer: Please double check all information provided on our platform with the official website for complete accuracy and up-to-date details.
Saturday, 17 February, 2024
Event & Festival ContactLos Angeles Day of Remembrance, JANM
Event Organizer Website
Visit Organizer Website
Get More Details From the Event Organizer
Event Location Website
Visit Location Website
For More Location Details
Share Event & Festivals
Event Information Can ChangeAlways verify event information for possible changes or mistakes.
Contact Us for Errors
Add Event To Your CalendariCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Authentic Japanese Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Gardens
Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens
Japanese Teahouses (United States)
Best Japanese Teahouses