- Wednesday, 6 March, 2024 2024 Portland Japanese Garden to Receive Centuries-Old Gate (From a Castle Gate Originally Built in the 17th Century)
This Event Has Passed
Other Events At This LocationPortland Japanese Garden
- No Additional Dates.
Portland, OR 97205
Visit Location Website
In Japan, the transition of seasons is revered for their impermanence. The fleeting nature of Japanese maples reaching peak color only heightens the anticipation of fall.
In a part of the world better known for its year-round greenery, once a year, the Pacific Northwest comes to life with exquisite tone and texture. Throughout this season, Portland Japanese Garden is active as the lush, full, and matured trees from the summer transform into their autumn splendor, revealing brilliant shades of red and gold. When fall hits Portland Japanese Garden, it is absolutely stunning.
While factors like temperature, light, and water all affect the onset and duration of fall colors, you can start to see the transformation throughout the month of October. Visit often to see Portland Japanese Garden transform throughout the season.
Dates for Fall
Sept 22 - Dec 21
Fall Color Updates
About Autum Splendor
Autumn Splendor in the Portland Japanese Garden: The Portland Japanese Garden is renowned for its serene and picturesque landscape design. As summer transitions to fall in this garden, you'll witness the following elements contributing to its autumn splendor:
1. Koi Ponds: The koi ponds in the garden, surrounded by vibrant foliage and reflection, become even more enchanting as the leaves change color and drift on the water's surface.
2. Maple Trees: Japanese maple trees, known for their brilliant autumn hues, take on breathtaking shades of red and orange. These trees are often a focal point of beauty in the garden during the fall season.
3. Stone Lanterns and Pathways: The stone lanterns and pathways in the garden are framed by falling leaves, creating a mesmerizing juxtaposition of nature and man-made elements.
4. Zen Gardens: The tranquility of the Zen gardens remains constant, but the shifting colors of the surrounding trees add a new dimension of beauty and contemplation.
5. Tea Houses: The garden's tea houses, often nestled among trees and foliage, provide a cozy and inviting atmosphere for tea ceremonies, offering visitors a unique way to experience the season's beauty.
In conclusion, the transition from summer to fall in a Japanese garden, such as the one in Portland, is a time of incredible natural beauty and serene contemplation. The changing colors, falling leaves, and tranquil ambiance create an enchanting spectacle that captures the essence of autumn's splendor. The "Autumn Splendor - Portland Japanese Garden" video undoubtedly showcases the garden's transformation, inviting viewers to immerse themselves in the magic of the season.
Disclaimer: Please double check all information provided on our platform with the official website for complete accuracy and up-to-date details.
Tuesday, 10 October, 2023
See All Dates For This Event
Event & Festival ContactGarden Transform with the Season Autumn Splendor
Event Organizer Website
Visit Organizer Website
Get More Details From the Event Organizer
Event Location Website
Visit Location Website
For More Location Details
Share Event & Festivals
Event Information Can ChangeAlways verify event information for possible changes or mistakes.
Contact Us for Errors
Add Event To Your CalendariCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Authentic Japanese Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Gardens
Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens (United States)
Best Japanese Rock 'Zen' Gardens
Japanese Teahouses (United States)
Best Japanese Teahouses