Rosemead Public Library traces its history back to the establishment of the
Savannah Branch of the Los Angeles County Free Public Library in June, 1916. The
library originally occupied one room of the Savannah School, located on the
corner of Valley Blvd. and Rio Hondo Avenue. Over the years the library has
burned down twice (in 1921 and 1927) and has relocated several times, spending
over 30 years located in a renovated school building at 4114 Rosemead Blvd. In
May, 1967 the Rosemead Public Library moved to its current location, at 8800
Valley Blvd., next door to the Rosemead City Hall Building.