- No Additional Dates.
Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: (310) 781-7150
Official Website: Click to Visit
The First Los Angeles Ramen Yokocho Festival!! featuring twelve popular ramen shops from Los Angeles, San Jose, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and Japan! RAMEN Yokocho FESTIVAL, the biggest Ramen festival in the US! The first of its kind in Los Angeles. The most respected Ramen resturants will be lined up for all of us to taste.
Don't miss LA Ramen Yohocho Fest exclusive menu served by Los Angeles vendors. You will also see 'Orench' from San Jose - know as the No. 1 ramen shop in the U.S. for the average daily customers, 'Shalala' - a very popular ramen shop also from San Jose, 'Gomaichi' - famous for their 'Tan Tan Men', 'monta' - the most popular ramen shop in Las Vegas, and 'Kitakata Ramen Bannai' from japan - famous and established ramen shop with more than 50 years of serving experience!
How Do You Get Your Food
1) First stand in line outside the cultural area with everyone else.
2) Once you get in you have to stand in a line to pay for food tickets. You need to know how many tickets you need. You can pay by credit card or cash.
3) After you pay, you can pick which ramen line you want to stand in. Of course the farthest locations had the longest lines: Japan, Hawaii, etc.. the rest of the lines were shorter.
4) Go sit and eat, not too many seats. Some people got their ramen and stood in line again.
Updated Sunday - See Event Photos
3:00 pm Sunday - they were still serving food, lines still around the corner.
6:30 pm Sunday - they were still serving food, line was short to get in.
Updated Information About the Ramen Festival (9-14-2013)
Saturday at 5pm, all ramen was sold out. Over 5,000 people were able to get tickets to this event. On Sunday they expect to see more people than Saturday. Sunday is a special event, with special Japanese quests and actors and raffles going on.
Updated Information About the Ramen Festival (9-13-2013)
This is part of LALALA, the largest Japanese publication in the west coast 10th anniversary event. There will be readers appreciation grand raffle etc. on the stage on Sunday the 15th.
This weekend event (Sat & Sun) will expect up to 1,000 people at a time, and expecting about 12,000 people in 2 days. There is no limit to the amount of ramen bowls you can purchase in line. The size of each ramen bowl will be half to 2/3 portion per bowl.
There will be other exclusive vendors selling:
Tendon, Sushi, Ice cream, Beer, Shaved Ice vendors, but ramen vendors will sell ramen only.
There is no cost to enter. Free Admission.
Our Tips for the Weekend (Sat & Sun)
* Go early, the publication said they can sell out of ramen.
* Going late, finding available seats may be an issue.
* Stand in 1 line and have your family & friends stand in each additional ramen booth line.
* Buy more than 1 ramen, you don't want to stand in line again.
* You and your friends can share and taste each of the competitors ramen.
* Based on our web site indications, this event will be extremely busy and crowded.
* Bring your headphones and music while in line, also can bring a chair.
Additional Suggestions & Information (As of Saturday 4:00 pm)
* Bring an umbrella - very hot while waiting.
* Bring a cold water while waiting - expect temp in the 90's this weekend.
* After getting your ramen and there are no seats, locate and eat in the Japanese Garden (Pine Wind Garden).
* There are water fountains and vending machines if you need additional drinks.
* On Saturday, Kitakata Ramen Bannai booth was taking 4 times longer.
Sep 14, 2013 (Sat) - Sep 15, 2013 (Sun)
10:00 am - 8:00 pm
All Ramen $8.00 flat charge.
Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr. Torrance
Daikokuya & Ninben
Kitakata Ramen Bannai (Japan)
Monta (Las Vegas)
Orenchi (San Jose)
Shalala (San Jose)
Tsujita LA Artisan Noodle
We do not accept liabilty for our websites being accurate, complete or up-to-date or for the contents of external links. We distance ourselves expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which we have no control. This statement is valid for all of the links on the websites and for all contents of the pages to which the links or banners lead.
Saturday, 14 September, 2013
ContactOfficial Website: Click to Visit
Save this EventiCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this EventEmail to a Friend