Philadelphia, PA 19131
Phone: (215) 878-5097
Official Website: Click to Visit
Join us in celebrating the growth and well-being of your children in the traditional Shinto ritual of shichi-go-san! This beautiful ceremony, open to 3 and 7 year-old girls and 5 year-old boys, is an opportunity to get photos of your child dressed in traditional kimono against Shofuso's backdrop by Rev. Kuniko Kanawa, a trained photographer, Shinto priestess, and kimono expert.
Space is limited; only 5 slots will take place on Saturday. Registration closes November 7th at 3 PM. Please note that there are no refunds for cancellations after this date, and there will be no refunds for missed appointments.
Available Photo Session Times
* 9:00 am - 10:30 am
* 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
For more information and registration for this event, please visit japanesehouse.org.
- The photography session will use the backdrop of scenic Shofuso Japanese House and Garden, with specific areas selected by the photographer.
- Your child will be dressed in traditional kimono and posed with chitose-ame candy-bag and other traditional props.
- After looking through thumbnail capture images, you will receive 8 high-resolution digital images sent by email 1 to 2 weeks following the appointment (including a head, whole-body, and back shot). You will get to choose digital images after looking through the thumbnail capture images.
- You will receive an additional courtesy photo if you agree to allow Atelier Kanawa and Shofuso Japanese House and Garden to use photos for promotional purposes on websites and flyers.
- Maximum photo size for you to print is 5 in. x 7 in. to possibly 5 in. x 11 in.
- For $15 per additional family member, up to 4 people may participate in the photo shoot. Kimono dressing and rental is for the 753 child only.
- Additional photos may later be purchased for $15 per photo directly from Rev. Kanawa via check or PayPal.
- 3 & 7 year-old girls: choose from selections of three kimono, obi, and hair accessories. The sizes (measured from shoulder to bottom) are 93 cm for 3 year olds; and 132 cm for 7 year olds.
- 5 year-old boys: choose from a selection of three haori and hakama. The kimono size for boys is 100 cm (measured from shoulder to ankle) and the hakama size is 70 cm (measured from pelvis to just below the ankle).
- Please note that kimono may appear slightly shorter or longer, depending on your child's height. The photographer will work on angles and framing for the best shots possible.
Please arrive with your child's hair and makeup ready, clean, and unscented. Please use the restroom before your session. Please bring activities for your child in case you might need to wait longer than expected.
- Dressing & photo shoot takes approximately one hour per person. Please plan accordingly in case the photo shoot runs longer than anticipated.
- You are welcome to take a few photos with a compact or cell phone cameras. Large cameras are not permitted, as they will delay the photo shoot process.
- Please watch your children to avoid any damage of the kimono and studio equipment. Damages must be compensated.
- No food, drink, or outdoor shoes are allowed inside Shofuso.
Traditionally, Shichi-go-san is a Shinto ritual. We offer an optional ceremonial service led by ordained Shinto priestess, Rev. Kuniko Kanawa, to humbly appreciate and pray to kami (deities) for your child's growth and well-being. Your fee to offer the evergreen Tamagushi branch to Kami is an additional $50.
Shinto Ceremony, Kimono Dresser, Photographer: Rev. Kuniko Kanawa (Certified Kimono Consultant/Kimono Model/Edo Tsumami Kanzashi artisan/Shinto priestess)
For her full profile, please visit www.atelierkanawa.com
We do not accept liabilty for our websites being accurate, complete or up-to-date or for the contents of external links. We distance ourselves expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which we have no control. This statement is valid for all of the links on the websites and for all contents of the pages to which the links or banners lead.
Saturday, 11 November, 2017
Phone: (267) 237-3550
Official Website: Click to Visit
Cost$350 ($330 JASGP Members)
0 of 2 Spaces Requested
RSVP For This Event By 11/07/2017
Save this EventiCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this EventEmail to a Friend